About me

Mitt foto
Stockholm, Sweden
My academic blog with history, primarily military history as the main theme. Please leave a comment that can be relevant and useful for the topic which you find interesting. I am writing in several languages, including English, depending on the theme and the languages of the sources. At the moment I am working as guide at Batteriet Arholma military museum in Stockholm. For further information please contact me on lauvlad89@gmail.com

onsdag 8 februari 2017

The role of political communication in European Parliament elections analysis

Between the period of September 2014 and June 2016 I was a post-graduate student of European Studies at the University of Latvia. Spending almost two years of my life in Riga was one of my best life experiences and meaningful periods. The program later enabled me to come to Manipal University and to work as an Assistant Professor in European Studies. At the moment I am teaching a course about Common Foreign and Security Policy, and before the end of this semester I will organise one more course about relations between the EU and Asia. 


Before leaving Riga I defended my thesis under the name "The role of political communication in European Parliament elections analysis." Before starting the work with the argument I was advised by my mentor Professor Tatjana Muravska to work on some topic where I could use my knowledge of the Swedish language. Inspiration for the study was partly based on my own experience as an electoral worker for the Liberal party during the European Parliament elections in 2014. Another and more vital inspiration was a book about political communication in EP elections written by Michaela Maier, Jesper Strömbäck, Lynda Lee Kaid . Also, another essential inspiration was an article published by the Swedish Institute for European Politics Studies - SIEPS - which stated that participation for EP-elections rose up during the last three EP-elections in Sweden. This provided me with interest to analyse the EP-elections in 2014 with a closer focus on the political communication among the eight political parties represented in the Riksdag, Swedish parliament. 



My master thesis The role of political communication in the European Parliament elections analysis can be downloaded here. Enjoy the reading, and please provide me with feedback if you are interested. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar