About me

Mitt foto
Stockholm, Sweden
My academic blog with history, primarily military history as the main theme. Please leave a comment that can be relevant and useful for the topic which you find interesting. I am writing in several languages, including English, depending on the theme and the languages of the sources. At the moment I am working as guide at Batteriet Arholma military museum in Stockholm. For further information please contact me on lauvlad89@gmail.com

tisdag 27 januari 2015

Auschwitz: Drone video of Nazi concentration camp

During the beginning of August 2010 I and my best friend visited the death camps Auschwitz and Birkenau during our visit to Krakow. Unfortunately the pictures which we took there are not with me today. However I still remember the emotions and feelings of actually being where the Holocaust took place. I still remember the huge piles of glasses, tooth brushes and shoes. Things that used to be somebody’s belonging before being shot, gassed and burned. Just before I went to Poland I spent 7 months on training within Swedish Armed Forces. Going up early as 5 or 6 and finishing around 23-24, sometimes in  -20 degree Celsius, was challenging. But after hearing about the everyday life in the concentration camps the military service in barracks and outside on the field felt as nothing hard to do.


Instead of the pictures I have found this BBC video which shows the death/concentration camps filmed by a drone. Tonight I will light up a candle for those who died in the worst crime in history of Europe during the 1900-century. 


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar