About me

Mitt foto
Stockholm, Sweden
My academic blog with history, primarily military history as the main theme. Please leave a comment that can be relevant and useful for the topic which you find interesting. I am writing in several languages, including English, depending on the theme and the languages of the sources. At the moment I am working as guide at Batteriet Arholma military museum in Stockholm. For further information please contact me on lauvlad89@gmail.com

onsdag 19 november 2014

Persepolis 3D

I realized recently that I forgot to write about one interesting project after visiting the British Museum in London during the summer last year. The amazing project is about the virtual reconstruction of the antic city of Persepolis by using computer animation and other modern techniques. For more information about the project, you can read here.

Today the ruins and remaining part of Persepolis lie in Iran at the foot of Kuh-i-Rahmat (Mountain of Mercy) about 650 km south of Teheran. Persepolis was founded by emperor  Darius I in 518 BC and  the city was the capital of the Achaemenid Empire. It presents an example of the dynastic city which also was burned by the Greeks of Alexander the Great in 330. For more info you can find on the UNESCO: s webpage.


Some videos about the impressive reconstruction project. 







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar