About me

Mitt foto
Stockholm, Sweden
My academic blog with history, primarily military history as the main theme. Please leave a comment that can be relevant and useful for the topic which you find interesting. I am writing in several languages, including English, depending on the theme and the languages of the sources. At the moment I am working as guide at Batteriet Arholma military museum in Stockholm. For further information please contact me on lauvlad89@gmail.com

söndag 25 augusti 2013

Resan till London. British Museum Del I Trip to London. The British Museum Part I


Nyligen var jag och min flickvän på semester i London och vi passade på att besöka British Museum. Själv besökte jag även Imperial War Museum som jag kommer att skriva om senare. På British Museum gick vi på en specialutställning om de romerska städerna Pompeii och Herculaneum vilket var helt fantastisk. Det kända vulkanutbrottet från Vesuvius under antiken och dess arv kan nu ses på muséet där artefakterna har lånats från kollegorna i Italien. Här kommer några bilder från besöket. Jag börjar med Egypten.




Recently I and my girlfriend was on vacation in London, and we took us time to visit the British Museum. I also visited the Imperial War Museum, which I am going to write about later. In the British Museum, we went to a special exhibition about Roman cities Pompeii and Herculaneum, which was totally fantastic. The well-known erupt of Vesuvius , and its legacy can now be seen at the museum where the artefacts have been loaned from Italy. Here are some pictures from the visit. I will start with Egypt.



Det var även väldigt intressant att se på utställningen med mumier men just denna lilla mumie var en riktig avstickare. Detta är nämligen en ”fejkmumie” som tillverkades under 1800-talet för att säljas till ”egyptomaniska” besökare.


It was also very interesting to see the exhibition about the mummy. Interestingcially this little mummy was a little bit special. It is actually a “fake-mummy” which were made during the 19-century in order to be sold to the “egyptomanic” visitorsto.








Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar